Wednesday, February 15, 2012

l2 - Athazagoraphobia

I’m not really afraid of many things. Not even the typical “afraid of the dark” or “afraid of death” types of fears that people claim. However, there is one thing that sticks in my mind that I really am fearful of. I am afraid of being forgotten by the people that I will never forget. I believe this is called athazagoraphobia. It’s not even like my fear is being forgotten by people I don’t really know, because that doesn’t matter to me. It’s just a fear of the people that are a big part of my life just completely forgetting about me, and losing all meaning of the times we spent together. To me, I always just think about how much the people I have in my life mean to me. And then I think about how deeply rooted some of these people are in my life, and how awful it would be to not have them feel the same even in the slightest way. Like, there are some things that I do, base aspects of my life around, which relate to a time in that spent with someone, or a memory that I have with someone from my past. It’s a horrible feeling to think that the people that mean so much to someone cannot even think twice about you anymore, or even worse, forget about you. It might be an irrational or dumb thing to fear, but I can never seem to get rid of it. Maybe it’s because the kind of person I am (and the Aquarius in me) gets attached very easily, and always has a place in their heart for people they appreciate. And I don’t even mean this to sound over dramatic; the fear doesn’t even hinder my day to day life. It’s just always in the back of my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment