Friday, June 1, 2012

r2 - Music and Memories


I love writing about things that have significant meaning to me. I have a special place in my heart for everything in my life that has ever meant something to me (It’s the Aquarius in me) so I have a wide range of things to pick from. It usually depends on my mood.
One of my most commonly written about things are bands that I am currently into or will always love. I think I’ve written specific blogs for OP on Third Eye Blind, The Tragically Hip, Oasis, and The Wanted. I like writing about things like this because it’s the perfect way to “vent” and express the feelings I’m having at that point in time. Music is so easy to write about because it is a big part of my life and so much meaning to me. A song can take you back to a certain time and place and evoke certain emotions with a few simple notes.
Other than that, I enjoy writing about things that have happened to me, and reminiscing about things that mean a lot to me. I also have a habit of being really nostalgic. Also the Aquarius in me. These types of pieces of writing are almost always about Crystal Beach or some other summertime escapades. Even for my Creative Writing class, my stories always relate back to Crystal Beach, even if indirectly. When given a writing assignment, my mind automatically, and probably subconsciously, thinks of Crystal Beach first and foremost.
When it comes to writing outside of school, I wish I was one of those people who keep a journal or write on their own, but I’m honestly not. I’m optimistic this summer though that I will be able to get myself to at least write down what I’m thinking/feeling/remembering on a daily basis, just to express myself and get some emotion out. Who knows, maybe that will lead to the creation of my own outside of school writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment