Thursday, April 19, 2012

o4 - Daddy


My father is… in all honesty, one of my best friends. My dad and I get along so well because we have basically the same personality. I’ve always looked up to my dad (or Fash as I call him) for so many reasons; Mostly because he’s always inspired me. From a young age, my dad exposed me to so much music that he liked. This was possibly the greatest thing that he could have ever done. Now, because of that, he and I are able to bond over things like that. Sometimes we just sit in the living room listening to his IPod play through the speakers and discuss our favorite Tragically Hip songs or what drum beats he wants to try and imitate or learn. Speaking of playing the drums, I’ve always admired the talent and passion that my dad puts into his own music. I grew up being able to watch my dad and his band in the studio and just enjoy himself. Before a gig, I always say to him “let’s rock, let’s rock today” from the movie School Of Rock because we both love that movie. Music has always bonded us, and that’s why I feel so close with my dad sometimes. I admire my dad because he is never ever afraid to be himself. And it’s kind of ironic because when my friends first meet him, they’re terrified. He has a somewhat intimidating and scary look to him because of the deep voice and tattoos and stuff, but he is the total opposite. When I got a kitten a few years ago, he was so against it but he has softened right up and now he cuddles with my cat on the couch all the time. He doesn’t try and “fit in” with anything. He is who he is, and he doesn’t let anything ever come between that. It’s great talking to my dad about things because we almost always feel the same way about various topics. My dad and I both love the lyric “We’re forced to bed, but we’re free to dream” from a Tragically Hip song, and we sometimes just bring it up in conversation when it fits the topic. So bottom line, I basically love my dad with all of my heart, and this blog doesn’t even come close to covering it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment