Monday, April 23, 2012

p1 - The Telly


The only time I really watch TV is at night. When I get ready for bed at night, I usually lay in bed on my laptop, but I keep the TV on for background noise. But, occasionally, I will watch a couple shows if they interest me enough. The only shows that I really ever watch are Man vs. Food (my favorite! Except it makes me really hungry which I hate), Ghost Hunters (my brother and I watch it simultaneously in different rooms and text each other when exciting things happen. Cool, I know), and basically anything on the Bravo network. No exception, The “Real Housewives” series is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine I guess. I don’t even know why but I just find it really entertaining. I can partially blame it on my best friend, because she first introduced it to me by constantly making me watch it at her house.  There is the rare occasion where I have nothing to do at like six o’clock on a random week night, and I’ll decide to sit in the living room and watch TV. In this case, my show of choice is always either Cupcake Wars on The Food Network, or Property Virgins on HGTV. Even though I don’t watch that much TV, it seems like everyone else in my family does. They can all be easily captivated by a television for a couple hours. We have a TV in every room of the house minus the kitchen, plus a TV in our furnished basement. That means six TVs. Superfluous? Maybe. But people these days don’t even think twice about it. That number might even be on the low end for some families.

No comments:

Post a Comment