Thursday, May 17, 2012

q4 - Thomas Parker


I have a few pop culture icons that I look up to and admire, but I think I’m going to write about one who has come into my life most recently. This person is Thomas Parker, most well known as one fifth of The Wanted. I think he is so iconic because being a musician has always been his passion and he had to work extremely hard to achieve all of the success that he has attained. After auditioning for "The X Factor" when he was sixteen and getting turned down, he was motivated to work even harder and make his dreams of being a rock star come true. When talent agent Jayne Collins held a casting call for members to be in a boy band, Tom got his second chance. The Wanted was created from five random boys put together in a band, and they started off playing free gigs at pubs and high schools across the UK. Each of them, including Tom, has put all of their heart into the band and made it possible for them to have the success that they have in not only America, but across the world. Tom Parker is so iconic to me because he truly does not care what other people think of him. He has said things in interviews when being questioned about it like “Hate me, it only makes me stronger” and “Live, dream, but don’t just exist”. I also love the fact that he has the words “rock & roll” tattooed down his ribs inspired from the song “Rock and Roll Star” by Oasis. The very best quality of Tom Parker is that he has legitimately not changed the slightest bit from the fame. He does and says whatever he pleases and doesn’t care if it is acceptable or not. I strongly suggest youtubing an interview with him because then you can see first-hand all the things I admire about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment