Friday, March 9, 2012

m3 - Bicycles on the beach is not a good idea.

Probably the most embarrassing moment of my life took place in Crystal Beach, Ontario, this past summer. As you may recall from a lot of my previous blogs, we do A LOT of bike riding in CB. Furthermore, there are six kids that like to ride the bikes, and only four bikes available. It was a fine evening in Crystal Beach, and all of us had our evening plans to enjoy before we came back for the usual bonfire. My friend’s brother and his friend were occupying two of the bikes because they rode them to the candy store. This left two bikes remaining, and four people that wanted to take them. This left my friend and I in a rush to shower and get ready to go before our other two family friends. They wanted to go to the beach one last time, and we wanted to take the bikes to dinner. Our reason was much more vindicated, if you ask me, seeing as the beach was just a mile down the road from the cottage, and the restaurant my friend and I were going to be eating at was all the way into the heart of town. In the end, our friends ended up getting the bikes because my friend and I had to shower and such and our friends are guys so they don’t take nearly as long getting ready. Whatever. So as my friend and I were trudging down the road past the beach, thinking how miserable the walk would be, I had a genius idea. Since we were walking past the beach, why didn’t we just take the bikes from them?! Our friends were going to be swimming to the pier and they would never notice (until they got back from their swim). Since we were still a little leery of being caught by them, we were in a hurry trying to take the bikes and get out of there as soon as possible. My friend was ahead of me, I so I was trying to catch up. I was passing through the exit of the beach, so I thought it would be a good time to start riding my bike. However, the exit to the beach is obviously a trail of sand. I learned the hard way that evening that sand and bikes don’t mix. As I started pedaling, the tires were unable to ride on sand, and I fell completely over, after skidding forever trying to regain my balance. It was rough. To make it worse, the security guard standing on the beach, my friend, and everyone who happened to be walking by at the time laughed at me. Not to mention it kind of hurt really badly. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

2 comments:

  1. "It's hard to look right at you baby, but here's my number...so call me maybe." -Carly Rae Jepson. Your blog reminds me of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Haha Ambers comment.

    HAHAHAHAHA. I seriously just died. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete