Thursday, March 1, 2012

l4 - Tattoos and good food.

On Tuesday, February 28th, I got my first tattoo! It was very exciting. I got it on the inside of my right ankle. In cursive writing, it says “You’re my Wonderwall”. I got that as my first tattoo because Wonderwall by Oasis has been my favorite song for as long as I can remember. Oasis is also one of my favorite bands. It’s a lovely and timeless line, and I’m very happy with it.
I was very nervous on my way to my appointment. I got my tattoo at Cowpok, on Elmwood. My cousin goes to D’Youville, which is only five minutes away from the place I got my tattoo, so she met me there and stayed with me while I got it done. I had no idea what to expect. When I walked in, the tattoo artist showed me what she had drawn up for me, and I liked it. It was just liked I pictured.
When she went to put the stencil on my ankle, it was difficult because I couldn’t get my leg in a position so it wouldn’t be crooked. So, she made me stand up on the table, and it was kind of awkward. I had to duck so my head wouldn’t hit the ceiling. But, I was glad she took the time to do it and get a good placement.
As she was about to start, I was feeling a mixture of excitement and nerves. The feeling was really weird, not what I expected. To me, it felt like someone took a mechanical pencil and drew on me with it as hard as they could. But the tattoo took only about five minutes. The pain wasn’t that bad at all.
Afterwards, my cousin and I walked to a new Mexican restaurant just down the street. It’s called Cantina Loco, and it’s on the corner of Allen and Elmwood. DELICIOUS. If you ever get the chance to go there, I highly recommend it. They have authentic Mexican dishes for cheap prices! It’s also newly renovated, and looks amazing inside.
I had a wonderful last (normally) day of February! A new fabulous tattoo that I love, and good Mexican food? I can’t complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment