Thursday, March 22, 2012

n2 - Spring and I have a love/hate relationship.


The season of spring gives me mixed feelings. I do, however, love many things about it. Most of all, I love the smell. Everything smells so clean and fresh after the cold and dry winter. It’s one of the best feelings in the world when you open the windows in your house on the first day of spring-like weather, and the entire house smells fresh and springy when you walk in. Along with the wonderful smelling air come warmer temperatures. If you know me at all, you know that I love the warm weather and everything to do with it. Don’t get me wrong, I love the cold weather too, but not as much as the heat. This spring, especially, has had delightfully high temperatures accompanied by a plethora of sunshine. I have taken full advantage of this, and I have laid out on my back deck to tan for the past three days. Even though this spring is unusually and unseasonably warm, I love everything about it so far. Spring is a great season, but there also some things about it that I just can’t stand. First off, the ground seems relentlessly wet and mushy. Probably a combination of the melted snow and increased rain, the ground doesn’t really seems to dry out until, like, June. I hate this because the warm weather makes me want to walk around my yard barefoot, but I always sink into the ground and my feet get submerged in muddy puddles of water. Not that I mind that much, but it’s just really inconvenient and annoying sometimes. So, believe me, I definitely do love most things about spring. Just not everything. Oh! One of the greatest parts of spring? It means that we are just that much closer to summer. And summer means Crystal Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment