Monday, March 26, 2012

n3 - The Seemingly Endless Job Search

As of right now, I have no job, and it’s really horrible. I would love to have a job so I could be productive after school and on the weekends while making money for myself. It’s imperative actually that I get a job as soon as possible so I can start saving up. The saddest part about this little story is that I had a job that I loved! It was perfect. A few months ago I was employed at BJ’s Wholesale Club in Clarence as a Clothing Attendant and I loved my job. I was in charge of the whole clothing section of the store, as well as the book tables. I folded and organized all of the clothes, hung up all of the returned clothes, and stacked books and DVD’s. I’ll admit it got a bit tedious at times, but I still enjoyed going to work. They have a really cool break room at BJ’s Wholesale Club as well, where I got to watch The Big Bang Theory and eat Christmas cookies on my breaks because I worked through all of December. Sadly, I was “laid off” at the beginning of January because they hired too many people during the holiday season and I was no longer needed. It’s horrible trying to find another job now, because I feel as if nothing will compare to the wonderful job I had at BJ’s Wholesale Club, however I have kept looking. Unsuccessfully. Although, my cousin works for a company downtown that makes sports apparel, like clothes with Bills and Sabres logos on it, and he told me that I can get a job with him there over the summer and it pays nine dollars an hour! That would be ideal, since it pays so much and it would be similar to the other job I had that I liked so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment