Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ending 2011 the right way!

This New Year’s Eve was definitely the highlight of my holiday break. I got paid the day before, so I went to the mall on New Year’s Eve morning and did some much needed shopping for myself. Right from the mall, at about 12:30 in the afternoon, I had to go to work. Work wasn’t even that bad, because it was not that busy. After I got out of work, it was about 6:00 in the evening. I was ecstatic when I got out of work because all of my fabulous cousins were already at my house beginning the New Year’s Eve festivities. When I arrived, I declared that “the party had finally arrived” and began spending time with my fam. Dinner was also ready shortly after I got home, which was perfect timing. I enjoyed a lovely steak dinner and shrimp cocktail. I just loved the atmosphere of the night, with me and my family all gathered together and finishing the year off right. However, the night only proceeded to get better. Around 10 at night, my best friend called me and said that she had just gotten out of work from a local restaurant, and we made plans for me to meet her at her house. I drove the short, one minute drive to her house, and I finished my celebrations with her, and we ended 2011 with a bang! After the ball drop we stayed up quite a bit. We even went for a walk around her block, because it’s really calm and it was a cool but calm night. When we finally went to bed, it was probably around 4:30 in the morning. We slept until 2 in the afternoon the next day, and woke up and watched a little bit of the Bills game. Then we decided to go to try out the new Tim Horton’s in Alden. My friend had to go to work that afternoon, so I headed home after that. It was definitely the most memorable New Year’s Eve that I’ve had in a while, and also the highlight of my holiday break!

No comments:

Post a Comment