Wednesday, January 25, 2012

j3 - The bands that complete my life

I think I’ve written about each of my favorite bands at least once, because I love them so much. For this blog, I’ll choose my top three (or maybe four, because sometimes it’s hard to choose).
My very favorite band of all time is The Tragically Hip. They are Canadian, which just adds to my love of them. I don’t even think there is a song by them that I don’t like. In fact, their song “Bobcaygeon” is one of my favorite songs of all time. I had the privilege of seeing The Hip live this past summer at the Buffalo Harbor. It was general admission, so my cousin and I pushed our way up as close to the stage as we could. They have such a truly unique sound that I love. We sometimes listen to The Tragically Hip in Crystal Beach, too, so when I hear certain songs it immediately takes me back to the cottage and swimming at the beach.
Coming in a close second for my favorite band is Third Eye Blind. I’m so fond of them, that I wrote a whole choice blog on them last week. They too have such unique songs. Their lyrics actually mean something, and I love listening to songs I can connect with. I’ve never had the chance to see Third Eye Blind live, but I would love to! Especially since they might not be touring for much longer.
Lastly but certainly not least, coming in third place for my favorite band, is Oasis. Besides “Wonderwall” (which just so happens to be my favorite song ever, hands down), they have much more notable music. And they’re British, which is pretty awesome. I have a bit of a soft spot for Brits and their adorable accents. Even though they’re not together anymore, I always listen to their music to this day. The brothers, Liam and Noel, that founded Oasis have their own individual music out now as well, and it’s just as fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment