Wednesday, January 11, 2012

i4 - "I need something else to get me through this semi-charmed kind of life!"

One of my favorite bands is Third Eye Blind. So, I would like to use this choice blog as a Third Eye Blind appreciation blog! I have to credit my Dad with introducing me to Third Eye Blind. My dad first introduced me to the band when I was a freshman in high school. We both loved the song Jumper by them, so he suggested many more of their songs for me to check out. Pretty soon, I was hooked. For our camping trip that year, I made a whole mix CD consisting of nothing but Third Eye Blind. With both new and old songs, it was perfect. I’ve always liked 90’s alternative music, but Third Eye Blind is definitely my favorite from that category. They are in my top three bands of all time! Their sound is pretty unique, and their lyrics are unbelievably full of meaning. One of my favorite lyrics from one of their songs is “…you come swimming into view, and I’m hanging on your words like I always used to do…”. I like songs that I can relate to or remind me of something that has happened to me, so a lot of their songs are special for me. For example, I love the opening line of their song titled “Can’t Get Away”, because it says “I miss the sand on the concrete floor…” and this distinctly reminds me of Crystal Beach. I even have a whole playlist, of probably almost every song they have ever written, dedicated to them on Spotify. It’s actually titled “TEB”, because I was apparently too lazy to type out their full name at the time. Whenever I’m feeling nostalgic, or just feel like listening to some quality music, I put it on. And you know, sometimes I just feel that it’s necessary to listen to them because they are just that remarkable; and even moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment