Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution"

First off, the awesome title of this blog post was brought to you by Jack's Mannequin. It was kind of difficult for me to think of a New Year’s resolution for 2012. I couldn’t really go the traditional route and say that I want to eat healthy and exercise; because I already am pretty proud to say that I pride myself on having a good diet and work out regimen.  So, I think for my resolution, I would like to be less careless with my money spending. Especially now that I have recently gotten a job, it’s so easy for me to just spend my whole paycheck on things that I don’t really need, just because I can. The worst part is that most of the time, I even feel guilty after wards. It’s getting to the point where I need to really take a step back and reassess my financial choices. In the New Year, I would like to set aside about one hundred dollars of my paycheck each week or so. My hopes are that this will essentially teach me the better value of a dollar, and saving skills for the future. I can already think of some things off the top off my head that can benefit from this resolution. It can make it a lot easier to make car and phone payments to my parents, it can help me build good credit, and I can have “emergency” money if I ever need it. Overall, it will even help increase maturity and responsibility levels in myself. So, even if it sounds kind of lame or cliché, I think that this resolution of saving money for myself and not spending every penny of it on pointless things (like Tim Hortons, which I have a huge addiction to) will be very beneficial. I can’t deny that it might be hard and somewhat heartbreaking for me, but I will definitely stay true to this resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment