Wednesday, January 25, 2012

j4 - Laura likes British boy bands... don't judge!

For this choice blog, I need to express my love for a band that I recently discovered, and have become obsessed with. I can’t help it. They’re young, talented, carefree, cool, and British. What’s not to love? They’re called The Wanted.
They consist of four British guys and one Irish guy (accent love overload!), and they’re just irresistible. They got their start on The X Factor. They didn’t even make it past the first round and onto the show, but they ended up making their own career. Tom Parker, the oldest member of the band, age twenty three, happens to be my favorite. He plays soccer and is pretty goofy and chill, like me.
Yeah, some of their songs might be incredibly cheesy, but you just have to love them! Besides, everyone has to start somewhere in the music business. They have actually been compared to Coldplay, so they are woth a listen. They are really sweet guys in general, and care so much about their fans. Watching their interviews just makes my heart melt! I follow all of them on Twitter, and it’s cool to see their excitement, gratitude, and appreciation for the things they are able to do, especially here in America. In case you were ever wondering, my favorite songs by them are “Gold Forever” and “Glad You Came’, both off their newest album.
They are actually on their first U.S. tour right now, but the closest they come to around here is, like, Philadelphia, and I can’t really afford to go there just to see them in concert right now. But I would love to!
I can only imagine that my obsession for this band will only get bigger. They just released their second album, and I believe that they are coming out with a third at the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment