Wednesday, January 25, 2012

j1 - "there goes my hero, he's ordinary"

To me, a hero is anyone who you can always count on. They set a good example for everyone around them. A hero makes you want to be like them someday, just like children look up to superheroes in comic books. The hero in my life is my dad. I think the reason I look up to him so much is because me and my dad and I are so similar. We have the same personality and some of the same interests. According to most people, we even look alike.
One of the foremost reasons I look up to my dad is because, for a lack of a better term, he’s really “chill”. Even when he is stressed or under pressure, he doesn’t show it. He tries to keep his composure. He doesn’t sweat the small stuff, which I think is really important in life; it keeps you sane and happier overall. I try to take after him in this way especially. Similarly, he can always find humor in a bad situation. He copes with tough times with ease, and is also the first one to make a joke and lighten the situation.
There are other reasons I look up to my dad. I find him to be so interesting and intriguing to listen to. I love to hear stories of him when he was a kid, and even my age. I remember me and my brother would look forward to camping trips when we were little, because my dad would tell us the story of Roland from Stephan King’s Dark Tower novels from memory.
I think it’s wonderful that I am able to stay close with my dad as I get older. We bond over so much, like music, books, and hobbies. My dad plays the drums, and I think that shows immense talent and dedication.
I truly hope that one day when I get older, I can be just as magnificent a person as he is. He just loves life and is always so thankful, and he gives me someone to look up to and fall back on. And to me, that is a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment